Monday, July 23, 2007

The Democrats on religion

More from the Democratic Youtube Debate: Senator Biden (D-DE) says one of the most sane things I've heard from a politician on religion in a long time:

Religion informs my values, reason dictates my outcomes...I don’t find anything inconsistent about my deep religious beliefs and my ability to use reason.
I did not like what Senator Obama (D-IL) had to say:

We've got to translate our moral, our religious values into moral terms that all people can share, including those who are not believers.
Is he implying that the non-religious lack moral values, that they somehow need to be taught by the religious? Even though Obama represents a liberal twist on faith in politics (a welcome change from the religious right), I still feel uncomfortable with the divisions he makes along religious lines.

No comments: