Friday, July 27, 2007

More on Christians United for Israel

Max Blumenthal attended the Christians United for Israel conference that was held last week. The first link contains video coverage of the event-- a must see.

Money quote from Blumenthal:

I have covered the Christian right intensely for over four years. During this time, I attended dozens of Christian right conferences, regularly monitored movement publications and radio shows, and interviewed scores of its key leaders. I have never witnessed any spectacle as politically extreme, outrageous, or bizarre as the one Christians United for Israel produced last week in Washington.


Money quote from Congressman Tom Delay (R-TX):

Obviously, it is what I live for, and I hope it comes tomorrow. And obviously we have to be connected to Israel to enjoy the second coming of Christ.

Kind of scary

No comments: